Booking Information Rowan Cottage

Booking Procedure Rowan Cottage

You can book our cottage online through the calendar below. Please check availability for your desired period. We only do weeks from Saturday to Saturday so click on the Saturday of your arrival and then click on the Saturday of departure. A booking form will open up where you can leave your details and make a secure online payment with Paypal or via BACS Transfer. We only require a 30% deposit to secure your booking. The remaining payment will be arranged separately.

Upon receipt of your booking we will send an email with details of final balance ( 70% 8 weeks before the booking date plus £75 breakage and excess cleaning deposit ) and further relevant information. When the full amount has been received we will send an email with confirmation and details of access to our cottage and info about island etc.

We take long weekend and midweek bookings during low season. Please contact us to find out more.

Rowan Cottage Tariff 2024

low season – January, February, November & December £550
Mid season – March & October £750
High Season – April – September £850
Festival week – £1,350
Christmas & New Year – £850

Rowan Cottage Tariff 2025

Jan/Feb & Nov/ Dec – £600
March & October – £750
April – September – £875
Festival week – £1500
Christmas week 20 – 27 December / new year week  27th – £875

Rowan Cottage – Terms and Conditions


Bookings are confirmed on receipt of a non-refundable deposit . In the event of cancellation after this point, the weekly rent, minus the deposit, will be refunded only if the house is relet.

Bookings require a 30% deposit. The remaining 70% is due 8 weeks before the booking date.

A breakage and excess cleaning fee of £75 is due with your final balance, this can also be paid via BACS and will be refunded following your stay if no breakages or excess cleaning is needed in the cottage.


Travel to and from Islay can be disrupted occasionally by the weather and ferry problems. We strongly advise that you have travel insurance to cover this possibility as we cannot refund nights missed due to cancelled planes or ferries.

During your stay

Visitors are required to keep the interior of the property in a clean condition and leave it in the same state as when arrived.

Any breakages have to be paid for in full. (at current market rate)

Rowan Cottage is strictly no smoking. We don’t accept Pets, sorry.

Occupancy being from 15.00 hours on day of arrival to 10.00 hours on day of departure.

All heating and lighting, Logs/peat for wood burning stove are included in price. Bed linen and towels are provided (please bring your own beach towels). Wi-fi broadband is available and telephone for incoming calls only (except 999 calls) . There is limited mobile reception at Glenegedale.

Cancellation Policy
If you need to cancel your reservation for any reason we must be notified by telephone immediately and the cancellation must be confirmed in writing within 5 days. The day on which we receive the telephone cancellation is the day on which your reservation is cancelled. In the event of a cancellation, we will make every effort to re-let the property.

If we are able to re- let the property, you will be reimbursed in full less the sum of £35 to cover administration costs. However, we strongly advise that you take out insurance cover to prevent the following costs:
If we are unable to re-let the property, cancellation costs shall be incurred as follows:

>More than 8 weeks before booking commences your deposit shall be forfeited.
>Less than 8 weeks before booking commences you will be liable to pay the full cost of rental (i.e. deposit and full balance).

Adverse Travel Conditions
Where there are ferry/ plane disruptions due to bad weather conditions or for any other reason, we cannot be held responsible and so no refunds can be provided.

You agree to keep the house clean and tidy and leave it in a similar condition of cleanliness to when you arrived. Any additional cleaning of the property, beyond the normal amount reasonably required, may be charged as extra and deducted from your Breakage deposit.

Breakages and Damage
You agree to report any breakages or damage to us prior to your departure in order that these can be rectified for incoming guests.

Online Availability Calendar and Booking